Re: Before the release

Subject: Re: Before the release
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sat Jul 14 2001 - 23:04:55 CDT

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, David Chart wrote:

> Also, some more feedback on the updated release notes and blurb would be
> good. The current versions are in abiword-docs.

Hi David,
        I've saved the release notes as a gzipped ZABW file and have
posted them to the list for those many people who don't use CVS. It's only
2.4 KB so no big deal.

The release notes you've made are more along the lines of a general
description of all the things AbiWord can do rather than the sort of
detail we've generally talked about upon making a new release. I guess I'd
like to see all the stuff that has been adding and a good portion of the
bugs fixed listed. The idea is to reward all the contributors to Abiword
with recognition of their work.

So for 0.90 some things would be:

(People please don't feel left out if I've you off this is just a quick
demo of what I'd like to see in the release notes. Sorry for focussing on
what I've done but it is easier to remember it.)

Whoops! This has grown into a first pass at all the stuff we've done since
0.7.14. Well since I've started. This is a very much a first pass. Have a
look through Bonsai for more clues on what has gone in. Please people
don't be shy about reminding us of your work either.

Cheers

Martin

All Platforms:
==============
Fully edittable Styles: Martin, Dom
Multi-Lingual Spell checking (Spell check in multiple languages) Dom,
Thomas Flectcher.
ispell checker improvements: Thomas Fletcher, Dom, Vald, Hub, others....
pspell checker fixes: Frodo
Line Based Tables: Martin
Tab Bar types: Martin, rms
Scrolling Speedups: Martin, Joaquin.
Speed Ups for Large Documents: Martin Joaquin
Major Backend Reworks: Dom, Mike Nordell, Pat Lam
Automatic Numbered Headings: Martin
Improved Documentation: David Chart + crew. (Please fill in)
Drag bars for vertical margins: Pat Lam
RTF import/export improvements: Hub, Martin, Dom
XHTML import/export improvements: John Clark.
Human Readable Text Export: A contributor...
XSO-FO Export: Dom others...
Applix Words Import/Export: Hub, Dom?
Multiple Encoded text import/export: Andrew Dunbar
Support for almost all worlds Languages in Windows Build : Andrew Dunbar

Bug fixes
(Lots of people here. Please fill in...)

Unix Platform:
==============
Styles Dialog: Martin, Dom, John Clark
Repaint speedups and cleanups: Martin
Color Pickers Toolbar buutons: Martin
Language Dialog: Dom
Nifty mouse pointer changes: Martin
Perl Bindings for Abiword: Joaquin, Paolo
AbiWord Widget build (Start of embedable AbiWord): Dom

Gnome:
======
Clip Art dialog: Dom
gnome-print fixes (Proper WYSIWYG in Gnome-print, print preview
and print Symbol and Dingbat fonts): Martin

QNX:
====
Styles Dialog: Thomas Fletcher:
Color Pickers Toolbar buttons: Thomas
Language Dialog: Thomas

Windows:
========
Lists Dialog: Micheal Pritchard, Mike Nordell
Styles Dialog: Bruce Pearson,???
Language Dialog: Andrew Dunbar.
Support for all the world's Languages: Andrew Dunbar.

Mac
===
Lots more progress, AbiWord Frame now runs: Hub

New Translations: Fill in please!
Updated Translations: Fill in Please!