Re: Some bugs in windows/xp

Subject: Re: Some bugs in windows/xp
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Sat Jul 14 2001 - 22:35:39 CDT

Joaquin Cuenca Abela wrote:

> but I suppose that (for instance) the lists dialog is
> build from scratch, and I'm seeing english messages
> there

The lists dlg uses the AbiWord getStringSet()/getValue() combination which
should pick up the right language. Are all other messages in spanish?

If they are, either those strings aren't localized or it's a bug.
If they're not, you probably have to change the
    StringSet=
in the file
    %USERPROFILE%\AbiSuite\AbiWord.Profile

> Maybe it's my fault (the OS is in spanish, but msvc is
> an english version, if it makes a difference...)

Shouldn't make a difference.

[...]
> But right now I'm doing an UT_Set with O(log(n)) for
> search, insertion & delete operations (backed by a
> red-black tree).

Wow! That means we can get a r/b tree UT_Map almost "for free"!

> P.S.: btw, it's only me, or is the profiler of msvc
> even worse than gprof?

Never used gprof, but the MSVC profiler is most promitive (if my memory
serves me it's about the same standard as the profiler for the SAS C
compiler anno 1986(?) was for the Amiga). I don't think anyone updated it in
the last 6-7 years.

/Mike