Re: Before the release

Subject: Re: Before the release
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 02:40:51 CDT

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Dom Lachowicz wrote:

> Ok,
>
> So a lot of us on IRC have been squashing bugs and tidying up loose ends as best
> we can. I would honestly like to get a release out 1 week from today, barring
> any major objectsions.
>
> There are outstanding issues for each platform that I'd like to get addressed
> before a 0.9.0, but most of all, I'd just love some feedback from different
> people - status reports maybe. Even if you're not doing any work, please send me
> an email to say "sorry, but I'm busy, etc.."
>
> If there are other outstanding issues, also please respond to this email.
> Include bug numbers or anything else you feel might be usefula nd descriptive.

Things that definately need fixing for 0.90 are:

1. Spell checking. Latest builds with ispell don't work for on either big
or littl endian machines.

It certainly doesn't work for me.

2. Printing Images on the gnome build. Currently the gnome build does not
print any but the smallest images with either gnome-print or our PS
generator.

3. I'd like to fix bug 1662 as well. It's labelled blocker. I think I know
what to do there.

I'll work on 2 and 3 after doing some more styles clean ups.

Cheers

Martin