Before the release

Subject: Before the release
From: Dom Lachowicz (dominicl@seas.upenn.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 16:10:13 CDT

Ok,

So a lot of us on IRC have been squashing bugs and tidying up loose ends as best
we can. I would honestly like to get a release out 1 week from today, barring
any major objectsions.

There are outstanding issues for each platform that I'd like to get addressed
before a 0.9.0, but most of all, I'd just love some feedback from different
people - status reports maybe. Even if you're not doing any work, please send me
an email to say "sorry, but I'm busy, etc.."

Some issues on my/martin's TODO list are still open and valid for certain
platforms.

Major things include:
1) Lists dialog
2) Plugin dialog
3) Styles dialog

I'm planning on adding a *very small* dialog to gather a passowrd so that we can
open password-protected Word docs. Other things that you might want to work on
(though not critical):

4) Clipart Dialog (currently ifdef'd out for non-gnome)
5) New/Template dialog (not going in for 0.9.0, but just FYI)

Also, please let me know if ispell is working ok on your box. It seems to be
kinda flakey for some people, and I think that it's ultimately an iconv issue.

There are also a lot of outstanding win32 specific bugs filed in bugzilla
(bugzilla.abisource.com) that need looking into. If people could look into any
of these things, I'd appreciate it and a small email with what you expect to
work on. If you can't look into these things, please just email me saying that
you won't be working on this.

If there are other outstanding issues, also please respond to this email.
Include bug numbers or anything else you feel might be usefula nd descriptive.

If it looks promising that these things will get fixed in short-order, the
release will temporarily get postponed if needed. If I don't get any feedback,
the tree will close and there will be little room for discussion.

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work,
Dom