Re: Before the release

Subject: Re: Before the release
From: Randy Kramer (rhkramer@fast.net)
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 09:30:23 CDT

Dom Lachowicz wrote:
> Also, please let me know if ispell is working ok on your box. It seems to be
> kinda flakey for some people, and I think that it's ultimately an iconv issue.

Dom,

Spell check seems to work on a very recent nightly build for Linux
(probably 7/12 or 13). Don't know whether it's using Ispell or not. I
downloaded the static tarball and installed it by following the
instructions on a Mandrake 7.2 system (with the MandrakeFreq update of
20010315). There is perhaps some chance it works because an older
version of AbiWord was previously installed with Mandrake, although I
installed this version in a different directory.

Spell check does not work on the 20010713 Windows nightly build (from
Alan Horkin).

regards,
Randy Kramer