Re: Before the release

Subject: Re: Before the release
From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 04:30:43 CDT

David,

According to David Chart <linux@dchart.demon.co.uk>:

> > Also, please let me know if ispell is working ok on your box. It seems to
> > be kinda flakey for some people, and I think that it's ultimately an
> > iconv issue.
>
> Ispell isn't working on my box. I have a bigendian hash installed, and I've
> compiled with and without the ABI_USE_ISPELL_100=1 flag; both ways
> everything is marked as spelled correctly.

Please, discard the use of this options and use the hashes provided by the
abispell module.

I'll try to commit the Big Endian hash for US-English to the main abi source
tree this evening. This will superceed the old one as we always provided
US-english hashes.

BTW it checked ispell spell checking on both Intel and PowerPC and it works.
So this is really embarassing that you can't make it work.

> This is a LinuxPPC box with various upgrades.

I use Debian/PPC unstable.

Hub