Re: localization formats proposal

Subject: Re: localization formats proposal
From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 22:35:08 CDT

 --- Karl Ove Hufthammer <huftis@bigfoot.com> wrote: >
on 18 jul 2001 05:46:12, Andrew Dunbar
> <hippietrail@yahoo.com>:
>
> > Not really since special dictionaries can only
> *add* words.
> > Australian English needs to *forbid* words that
> are legal in
> > American. "color", "favor", "dialog" and tons of
> others are
> > not legal words.
>
> Ouch, that's more complicated. I guess the *best*
> (not easiest)
> solution here would be to create separate Australian
> dictionaries.

This is the best solution in the long-run, but in the
mean-time (which might be a long time) 99.99% of us
would be extremely happy to have a "Just Works" way
of en-AU/en-IE/en-NZ/etc documents being spellchecked
with an en-GB dictionary. We'd love it (:

Andrew Dunbar.

=====
http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net