Re: Commit: A boat load of things

Subject: Re: Commit: A boat load of things
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 12:35:44 CST

paul> On the GUI issues -- is it ever useful to unignore only a single
paul> instance? I think that the usual UI stance on this is to just
paul> blow 'em all away and do a fresh spell-check pass.

I don't know about you, but I make the occaisional mistake (see,
there's one right back there :-). After I've accidentally "ignored" a
word, I'd like to be able to undo my ignore. (I know what you're
thinking ... Undo should undo the ignore, but I still claim there is
gross unawareness of the use of Undo for other than plain typing.)

Re-bulk checking the document to fix a single problem is extremely
irritating (I can provide emacs examples of this irritation). By all
means, contemplate ways to use bulk checking to globally sweep and
re-consider decisions, but don't force it as the only way to correct
isolated indiscretions.

If the context menu can have check marks, probably the right feel for
this it to have a toggleable "Ignored" state rather than a pair of
"Ignore" and "unIgnore" actions.