Re: Commit: A boat load of things

Subject: Re: Commit: A boat load of things
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 18:08:15 CST

paul> Clearly, the recheck document button should *always* flush the
paul> first two states, document-wide. Those squiggles all come back.

I disagree strongly that this is clear. I can imagine a single person
(me!) wanting it both ways at different times.

paul> By contrast, the ignore property on referenced styles does *not*
paul> get reset. That would mean automatically redefining that style,
paul> or unapplying it, or something else, which is silly.

It doesn't make sense to me to have "ignored" as a style attribute,
regardless of any possibilities via accident of implementation. It's
not a formatting thing, which is what people think of as the use for
styles. It makes lots of sense to have "ignored" as an attibute of a
structural element (e.g., ignore "this table" or "this cell in this
table" or "this selection I just swept out with my mouse").