Re: [Bug] MS Word Import .dot==.doc?

Subject: Re: [Bug] MS Word Import .dot==.doc?
rob.campbell@att.net
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 07:35:32 CST

> Should I just add '|| !UT_stricmp (szSuffix, ".dot")'
>to the did with "RTF for Old Apps"? The .dot extension
>is encountered *very* infrequently, so I'm leaning
>toward the former method rather than the latter.

If the need is so infrequent, why do it at all? This
seems like a quick hack to satisfy someone's immediate
need. However, it might preclude what could be a neat
feature in the future: using native MS Word .dot files
for their intended purpose, on AbiWord. There are lots
of MS Word templates out there. Using them natively
would be friendlier than requiring the user to convert
them first. And the immediate availability of all of
these templates would be a great "selling" point for
AbiWord.

The work around should be a note in documentation or a
FAQ about changing the extension to .doc.

Rob Campbell