Bugzilla comments

Subject: Bugzilla comments
From: Jesper Skov (jskov@cambridge.redhat.com)
Date: Sat Mar 10 2001 - 07:36:04 CST

>>>>> "Sam" == Sam TH <sam@uchicago.edu> writes:

Sam> So, http://samth.dyndns.org/bugzilla.

Sam> Check it out.

Other things that we may want to do:

 o reset bug ownerships - some bugs are assigned to people who's no
   longer active. Clear all assignments, and let triage / developers
   start from fresh.

 o atachment types: want to add .doc and .rtf

 o As Paul pointed out (in private postings people, you don't need
   to run your memory checker) some of the Eazel entries are
   different. Here's my comments on them (FYI - I know we probably
   won't get any of them until they get merged into the mainline):

    - Inclination/Time estimate: These only really make sense where
      the project is driven by $$$. When I work on a project in my
      spare time, I don't do stuff I don't want to do. It's that
      simple.

      And while the time estimate could be useful for planning, it
      also only makes sense if you have committed time - I give hours
      to the project when I have some to spare and feel like it. You
      can't make any planning based on contributions like that.
      [i.e., you can't sum the estimated hours for bugs scheduled for
      next milestone, divide by 40h/week per developer and set a
      release date from that - so why bother?]

    - Target milestone: This is very nice. I believe the Mozilla team
      uses keywords instead - but this is way nicer.

      If it's not easy to add something like this, we can use
      dependencies instead or keywords.

 o Mozilla BugZilla has voting. I'd _really_ like to see us adopt
   that. Presumably you only have to enable it somewhere in the
   config?

 o Mozilla BugZilla has keywords. I would like us to get that as well,
   and adopt some standard keywords to add:

      asssert - bug causes assertion to fire
      crash - bug causes abiword to crash
      rfe - bug is an enhancement request
     (mxx - milestone xx)

   Others when we see the need. Presently these are written in the
   subject which should be reserved for description.

Jesper