Re: The New Styles

Subject: Re: The New Styles
rms@greymalkin.yi.org
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 10:11:42 CST

Enter usually adds a new paragraph on just about every word processor I've used.

I've always seen abiword do this, when was the last time you used abiword?

Besides, new lines are usually formed b the word wrapping, it would be dumb to make the default one tap on enter cause a forced line break [ on a word processor ].

The only place I can understand your frustration is on text editors, on systems that don't use the \r\n sequence for paragraph, and that usually have a convenction for ease of readability in which you separate the paragraphs with a blank line and where you don't have word wrapping, hence, the need to use enter as line breaker.

Your proposition is much more unnatural on a word processor, as far as I can see.

hugs, rms