Re: Suggested bug categories

Subject: Re: Suggested bug categories
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 10:23:10 CST

Jesper,

Thanks for taking the lead on freshening up these categories. They'd gotten
woefully stale.

At 12:25 PM 3/10/01 +0100, Jesper Skov wrote:
>Dev - TODO Developer: Projects that are not bugs per se
>Feature Request Feature requests

Actually, could we nuke these two categories in favor of keywords like TODO
or RFE or something? Distinguishing these from bugs in the existing
implementations is worthwhile, but isolating them into a separate category
feels like going too far.

There are conceivably TODO tasks related to *any* of the existing areas of
the code. It's a lot more useful to know that we have a few spelling TODOs
(for example), than to have them all lumped together into their own little
TODO ghetto.

As I've been pointing out to various folks in private, I really, really like
how Eazel's been influencing a lot of prominent Open Source efforts to use
Bugzilla to track "all unfinished work". Getting stuff like this right
really helps.

Thanks,
Paul