Re: debug messages

Subject: Re: debug messages
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2001 - 13:46:46 CST

Thomas F wrote:
> No DONT'T terminate the messages with \n. The UT_DEBUGMSG()
>macro will already put a newline on things for you. I hate
>having all of our stuff double spaced on debug output!

You're only partially correct here:

The Unix version: fprintf(stderr,"DEBUG: %s",sBuf);
The QNX version: fprintf(stderr,"DEBUG: %s\n",sBuf);
The BeOS version: fprintf(stderr,"DEBUG: %s",sBuf);
The Win32 version: OutputDebugString(sBuf);
The Mac version: DebugStr(sBuf);

So of the debugmsg's that *directly* depend on printf, only QNX is getting
newlines afterwords for obvious reasons. And the Win32 and Mac code doesn't
explicitly add a newline to the buf either. I'd suggest removing the '\n'
because it's not obvious to me that every debug message should start on a
new line.

Dom