Re: commit: Fix border drawing

Subject: Re: commit: Fix border drawing
From: James Montgomerie (jamie@montgomerie.net)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 19:05:25 CST

On 2001.03.24 00:33:45 +0000 Paul Rohr wrote:
> At 08:29 PM 3/20/01 -0500, Thomas Fletcher wrote:
> >We are overdrawing by one pixel doing the vertical shadow
>
> FYI. There were some issues really early on where some platforms were
> including endpoints in draw calls, and others weren't. This led to weird
>
> platform-specific drawing glitches until we agreed on a convention --
> sadly,
> I don't recall what it was -- and fixed up any differences in the
> appropriate GR_Graphics subclass(es).

Sounds like what my recent BeOS drawing patches fixed. I beleive the
convention is that, internal to the Abi framework, endpoints are included
(they are not in the BeOS drawing routines though, hence the fixes to
remove one pixel from line lengths, rectangle widths etc.).

For examples of how BeOS used to look, take a look at the screenshots in
http://www.abisource.com/shots - the top ruler gadgets are the most telling
places.

Is this of any help?

Jamie.