Re: Win32 Status (was Re: TO PLATFORM MAINTAINERS)

Subject: Re: Win32 Status (was Re: TO PLATFORM MAINTAINERS)
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 21:37:02 CST

> Here's a rather random list of the status of some of the features
>listed in the changelog. If there are any Win32 developers out there
>willing to help get these problems resolved before the release it would be
>much appreciated - I know that I'm not going to get to them all before the
>release.
>
> o Language dialog hasn't been done

This should be an ez 150 LOC or so. The dialog is a text-list with an ok &
cancel button.

> o Background color dialog hasn't been done (should be real easy)

Also pretty ez - 150 LOC to put a color selector inside of a dialog with an
ok & cancel button

> o What do you mean by "Color Combo Boxes" in the Toolbars section? The
> same as the Background color dialog?

Not really. If you open up MSWord, you'll see on the far-right 2 toolbar
controls - one looks like an 'A' and the other a paint-bucket. This pops
down a menu to let you set the highlight & font colors, respectively. The
highlight color is the background color behind a particular run of text - as
if you'd gone over it with a Bic Highlighter.

For a clearer picture or if you're lacking a copy of MSWord, see the 2
rightmost controls on the 2nd toolbar in this picture:
http://198.139.111.101/abiword/shots/2001_03_25_143337_shot.jpg

>o Bug 1245 needs to be fixed for Win32. It shouldn't be too hard at
>all, I just haven't gotten to it yet.

It's about 10 LOC and most applicable for those platforms whose users use
command lines :-)

Dom