Re: commit: Fix border drawing

Subject: Re: commit: Fix border drawing
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 14:26:12 CDT

At 02:47 PM 3/27/01 -0800, I wrote:
>At 02:01 PM 3/24/01 -0500, Thomas Fletcher wrote:
>>In this case the including/excluding of the end points issue just
>>made you lucky that it worked out (it would seem that it would
>>have impled that the end points were excluded if this were the
>>case). However the code was wrong and always overdrawing by one
>>pixel, if you see a problem on other platforms then we can
>>re-visit it, but I don't think that you will.
>
>Thanks. I'll take a look the next time I rebuild.

Thomas,

After doing a number of rounds with Mike Nordell to isolate and fix any
potential line-drawing glitches due to his recent Win32 optimizations, I'm
still seeing a problem at the lower-right corner of the page shadow (see
attached). Just to be sure, I've even #if 0-ed out his optimization code
entirely, and I'm still missing those two pixels.

Two questions:

1. Is anyone else seeing this effect on non-Windows platforms?

2. If we revert your change, which platforms (besides QNX) would it break?

I've double-checked the effects of my original math while stepping through
the debugger, and there are two sets of shadows drawn. For me, the "bottom
across" shadow lines stop at the right edge of the page (as they should),
but the two "right down" lines stop one pixel short.

Paul