Re: Alt-Insert

Subject: Re: Alt-Insert
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 15:17:19 CDT

On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 10:28:00AM -0700, Paul Rohr wrote:

> The additional details on GTK2 input methods are helpful. Any public ETA on
> when we might expect widespread distribution? I don't follow the GTK/GNOME
> release schedules as closely as Dom et al.

Well, theoretically the GNOME 2.0 libraries are frozen in July, and
they need to be ported to GTK 2 by then.

More importantly for us, we need to port AbiWord to GTK/GNOME 2 by the
end of the year, in order to be part of GNOME 2.0

This is another reason to do 1.0 soon, so we can break the tree
horribly for that.

sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key
DeCSS: http://samth.dynds.org/decss