Re: Topic: Tables and 1.0

Subject: Re: Topic: Tables and 1.0
From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 04:27:38 CDT

> Eric:
> 2. Right now you have no users at all, at least none that
> are Normal People. (If you are reading this note, there
> is virtually no chance at all that you are normal.)
> Unhappy users are better than no users.

This might be true if we had a monopoly on the market, but we are
not offering a software that is one of a kind, but a word processor,
one among many. In that context unhappy user is quite likely to
become not only no user at all, but also a never-again-user. Sure,
we cannot and will not please everyone, but we need to consider
very carrefully what type of user we will not please, or it will
backfire on us.

Tomas