Re: Commit: autoconf and new import/export framework

Subject: Re: Commit: autoconf and new import/export framework
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 08:39:40 CDT

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 03:20:00PM +0200, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> According to Sam TH <sam@uchicago.edu>:
> > > Added $(WP_INCLUDES) to be able to include ie_imp.h and ie_exp.h
> > >
> > > CVS: Modified Files:
> > > CVS: src/af/xap/xp/GNUmakefile.am
> > >

> > > While it looks logical that import/export be called from the AF,
> > > I think that impexp should really move to AF, at least for the
> > > base classes (real importers depend on src/text/ too)
> >
> > Yeah, stuff in the af hierarchy should *not* be including stuff in the
> > wp hierarchy. In theory, af should be able to compile without the
> > existence of any of the other directories. Is there some way this can
> > be fixed?
>

> Actually Dom have added sniffer use to xap_App. Hence the include.
> Dom asked yesterday wether this should go to ap_App or xap_App, and
> we concluded that this belonged to xap_App is import/export is quite
> generic.
> Note that I made a remark about the move of IE base classes to af.
> I'm pretty sure that this partly belong to af (how Abicalc will import
> then ?)

Well, either that part of impexp should move to the af/ tree, or the
sniffer should move to ap/. I agree that it seems like it really
should belong in af/, so probably that's the better decision.

Paul, way back when, how did you guys plan on setting this up once you
were doing import/export in other apps?

sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key
DeCSS: http://samth.dynds.org/decss