Re: Topic: Plugins and 1.0

Subject: Re: Topic: Plugins and 1.0
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 12:31:51 CDT

>Dom,
>
>I would have a go at making the password protected imp/exp a
>pluging -- that is a good test case because it is not in the tree, so
>it will not brake anything for anyone, and it will allow to test the
>mechanism. Could you just outline for me what needs to be done?

Ask, and you shall receive :-)

Ok, so see src/wp/impexp/xp/ie_imp_AbiWord.cpp

What I've done is I've enabled us to use the AbiWord importer as a plugin
(in theory). The code compiles :)

What you need to do for any plugin is to declare these three functions and
then do any interesting stuff inside of any routines that you're
particularly interested in.

What we don't have:

These 2 are easy to do (i just need to add a bit of code to ap_App and
ap_EditMethods)

3) Expand our build system to create .so/.dll out of certain things.

Right now, I've added ABI_OPT_PLUGINS. make ABI_OPT_PLUGINS=1 and it'll
#define -DENABLE_PLUGINS for you. You can also do a test for ABI_OPT_PLUGINS
in Makefiles to determine if stuff should be compiled into a .so or just
statically linked in. This will require some work...

Dom