Re: Topic: Plugins and 1.0

Subject: Re: Topic: Plugins and 1.0
From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 05:32:15 CDT

Hi Dom,
> What we don't have:
> These 2 are easy to do (i just need to add a bit of code to ap_App and
> ap_EditMethods)

I gather that you have a pretty clear picture of how to do this best,
so I will leave it to you :-).

> 3) Expand our build system to create .so/.dll out of certain things.
> Right now, I've added ABI_OPT_PLUGINS. make ABI_OPT_PLUGINS=1 and it'll
> #define -DENABLE_PLUGINS for you. You can also do a test for ABI_OPT_PLUGINS
> in Makefiles to determine if stuff should be compiled into a .so or just
> statically linked in. This will require some work...

I assume that most plugins are going to be 3rd party stand-alone
bits of code, and that does not require any changes to the build
system. I have tried this with the passwd protected document and
it is very simple to build a plugin as an abi pier, using a makefile
formed along the standard abi rules for makefiles. I really hate
creating makefiles, but this is really easy.

Tomas