Re: Commit: autoconf and new import/export framework

Subject: Re: Commit: autoconf and new import/export framework
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 12:51:05 CDT

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 12:58:22PM -0400, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
> >Maybe I'm just being dense, but shouldn't this be done at app startup
> >time?
>
> You're not being dense, but I'm certainly confused. Your last email said
> "we're doing this in APP startup time (in XAP land). this is bad (for XAP
> reasons)" and now you seem to be asking "shouldn't we do this on APP
> startup?"
>
> >From src/af/xap/xp/xap_App.cpp
>
> XAP_App::XAP_App()
> {
> // initialize the importers/exporters
> IE_Imp::init();
> IE_Exp::init();
> }
>

> Now, if you're arguing for the init() calls to be removed and have those 40
> or so registerImporter() / registerExporter() calls in ap_UnixApp (and then
> duplicated across all front-ends), I'm all for it. Change and commit the
> code...

Ok, here's what I want:

1. ie_exp.cpp should move to af/xap/xp
2. That means ie_exp.cpp can no longer include ie_exp_DocBook.h

So, it looks like, since we don't have an AP_App class that's XP, we
need to put the register*() calls in the per-platform App classes.

Would that mean the init() calls have do go away as well? Or move?
Or what?

sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key
DeCSS: http://samth.dynds.org/decss