Re: (Fwd) ispell hash files (for abiword).

Subject: Re: (Fwd) ispell hash files (for abiword).
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 13:48:16 CDT

Tomas,

Thanks for forwarding this. As we all know, I've long been hoping someone
could get some hard data on which hash flavors are found in the wild:

Actually, if I read the sources correctly, we're currently expecting 8/N/100
dictionaries (for N <= 64), which is why Henrik was able to get us working
with many of the locales mentioned at the bottom of Ramon's note --
particularly the ones mentioned here:

  abi/test/wp/Spelling.abw

The problems Vlad diagnosed were for locales that had 7-bit dictionaries:

As mentioned in my note to Thomas, I continue to believe that a
slightly-smarter hashtable loader could do enough additional work at runtime
to detect which hashtable variant was stored on disk and map them all to an
appropriate variant in memory: