Re: right-click to do calculations Non-member submission from [pod@sapienagents.net]]

Subject: Re: right-click to do calculations Non-member submission from [pod@sapienagents.net]]
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 22:18:31 CDT

On Mon, 21 May 2001, WJCarpenter wrote:

> ms> No I'm not joking. Yes it will take at most one day to
> ms> implement. It will be totally XP. You won't have to do a thing. I
> ms> really think this is a cool feature. Highlight a maths expression,
> ms> right click, choose "Calculate value" from the context menu. If no
> ms> error resplace with result. Lovely :-)
>
> Cool or not, let's have a quick show of hands: How many of you and
> how often have you wished to have this feature in your word processor?
>
> Me neither.

Well I would but as is often the case what I want may not be what large
numbers of other people want. I really don't want the rest of the stuff
you list below so feel free to implement it yourself Bill.

Given that Thomas thinks this will clutterup up the context menu I won't
add it to mainstream abi.

Cheers

Martin