status of perl bindings for windows

Subject: status of perl bindings for windows
From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (cuenca@pacaterie.u-psud.fr)
Date: Sat Sep 01 2001 - 06:23:44 CDT

Sorry, I've not written anything about the latest advances in the perl front
this last week...

To summarize, a few days ago, I got the windows build working with an
embeded perl interpreter. It also solves various problems of the unix
version, namely 1) the code is where it should be, 2) it can execute various
scripts in the same abiword session (I introduced a bug a while ago in the
unix version that prevented that) and 3) if there is an error in your
script, it write the error in a window instead of printing it in the
terminal.

The bad news is that I not yet managed to make the XS stuff to work (I'm
pretty near, but with a handcrafted Makefile.PL, so I still have to fix all
this makefile mess).

Cheers,

--
Joaquin Cuenca Abela