Re: Looking for RedHat 6.x users help

Subject: Re: Looking for RedHat 6.x users help
From: Gabriel Gerhardsson (mr.g@home.se)
Date: Sat Sep 01 2001 - 08:38:34 CDT

Bummer.

Yep, stock 6.2 comes with rpm3 (I looked at an ftp distribution of
rh6.2). You have probably just installed an update from Rh (I seam to
remember that I also installed such an update when I used 6.2).
I started looking at different solutions to this problem from the
beginning of this discussion. Among others to be able to install rpm3
together with rpm4, but rpm is not relocateable, so no luck there. If no
one else can step forward with an rpm3 installation available, maybe our
best chance is the ideas of Erlend. Lets hope that they do work, because
that would save us much problems. But to test the builds from rpm v4.0.3
we also need an rpm3 user, so whatever we do we need an rpm3 user... hmm
Any ideas?

Take care
/Gabriel

ps
Lets wait with putting this tarball on the webpage before we have
decided how to build. If the build-options that turns on compatibility
with rpm3 does work, then they should be included in the tarball. Good
idea thou.