Re: Win32 0.9.3 Test

Subject: Re: Win32 0.9.3 Test
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 21:50:07 CDT

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Tim LaDuca wrote:

> Well, I'm not the authority on this, but I think the idea behind testing is
> to catch major bugs or "show-stopper" bugs. Things that most users will have
> a problem with as far as installing or using abiword. If abiword crashes
> after a simple operation, and the crash is easily reproducible, that may be
> something that needs to be fixed before abiword is released officially. Just
> kick the tires I guess and let us know how it goes! :-) (as far as I can
> tell it's in good shape)

Well every dialog should at the least pop-up without the infamous
"not-implemented yet" message.

Simple things should not crash abiword.

In fact complicated things should not crash abiword either. If you can
crash abi please let us know and how you did it.

However the idea is not to spend too long testing. If all the dialogs work
and there is no feature that is obviously wrong we take that as OK.

Feel free to post new bugs to bugzilla though!

Cheers

Martin