Re: imagemagick graphics importing

Subject: Re: imagemagick graphics importing
From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 03:37:50 CDT

According to Leonard Rosenthol <leonardr@lazerware.com>:
> At 09:11 PM 9/9/2001 +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:
> >2. Do you provide a fork of the ImageMagic source code to be included as
> >an abiword peer directory, (like wv).
>
> Unlike the other libraries we link against, making IM a "peer" of
> AbiWord would be a BAD IDEA. Dom and I were dealing with this issue
> ourselves this week at work (where we use IM for stuff and considering
> adding it to our source tree).

IMHO we should make this feature as a build option, that will be activated
by autodetection in either diving Makefile or autoconf stuff.
Since this is not a requirement, it is likely we can build AbiWord without
it...

Of course package builders should use it and add package dependency on it.

Just my .02 EURO

Hub