Re: NSIS installer rocks

Subject: Re: NSIS installer rocks
From: Michael D. Pritchett (mpritchett@attglobal.net)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 22:55:01 CDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim LaDuca" <tjl@141.com>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 9:09 PM

> Has anyone done post 0.9.3 win32 build? The new installer is absolutely
> wonderful, and fixes at least half a dozen bugs. If 0.9.3 is postponed
> because of the HTML problem, that's great because then the installer will
> get in there and it's a great enhancement to abiword. I only noticed two
> problems (I'll file bugs). The uninstall shortcut on the start menu points
> to the wrong exe name, and if Abiword is installed in a non default
> directory, the uninstall shortcut does not have the correct path.
>
> Cheers, Tim
> AbiWord enthusiast

Tim -

Thanks for the feed back on the Installer. I made the changes to the script
so that the uninstall shortcut will point to the correct exe name. An
oversight on my part. With the corrected script, the shortcut should have
the correct path regardless of where it gets installed. At least I hope so,
if not file the bug.

Note: I plan on cleaning out the Installer bugs filed in bugzilla once this
installer has had more testing. But if you feel up to it, please go ahead.

Cheers!

Michael D. Pritchett