Re: RTF Importer/Exporter

Subject: Re: RTF Importer/Exporter
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 22:55:32 CDT

On Sat, 8 Sep 2001, Matti Picus wrote:

> Please see my comments interspersed with yours
>
> >You wrote:
> >We really MUST have 100% lossless RTF import/export for 1.0.
> >What's left?
> >1. Finish import of Word >97 lists. There are still issues with displaying
> >delimeters and sublists on different word levels.
>
> Can you provide more detail? Are there test documents that fail, or bugs
> related to this item?

Yes.

1. If a user just changes the Word 97 level without nesting ie.

1. fred here
      a. next line

Abiword will import this as

1. fred here
      1.a next line

We have to decipher the levelnumber and leveltext keywords to decide if a
list should be nested or simply have it's left margin moved inwards.

Next the font of the all the bullet type lists is not being set correctly.

This results in a bullet style word 97 list appearing as a "spot" rather
than a bullet.

the pntextb and pntexta keyword equivalents in word 97 lists are being
ignored for now for now so if you put "(" and ")" around

(a) First line

It will be imported as

a First line.

Fixing these is mostly a matter of getting all the details right and
coming up with work-arounds to match our list structures.

Cheers

Martin