Re: Commit: Idle, Spellcheck, FileImport

Subject: Re: Commit: Idle, Spellcheck, FileImport
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 20:44:30 CDT

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Dom Lachowicz wrote:

> UnixIdle changed so that it no longer uses gtk_idles but g_idles as well as some
> liberal UT_ASSERTs sprinkled around the code. This helped me track down the next
> bug:

HI Dom,
        There is a fundamental issue with ut_unixIdle. Once started it
will never stop and make Abi consume 100% CPU time. Consequently we have
to make sure the background spellchecking is stopped if the queue become
empty.

Right now abi comsumes 100% CPU time. Ben Mesmen's orginal patch got
around this problem.

I'll see what can be done.

Cheers

Martin