Re: Peers & Questions

Subject: Re: Peers & Questions
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 06:36:37 CDT

> > > This could be cool. What were you thinking of right now, wmf->png for abi's
> > > uses until we properly support SVG?
> > Please do this. I'd love to see equations and embedded objects in
> > abiword via wmf => png.
> > I hope we get full SVG support but if you can get us these quickly via WMF
> > => png it would be very cool.
>
> Very funny. (I mean it.) I told you 6 weeks ago I had written a wmf->png
> importer and you said to do wmf->svg instead (thus, in part, my recent
> interest in SVG).

Sorry about that. 6 weeks ago it sounded like SVG support was just around
the corner (from someone else). It would still be best to have proper SVG
support so we can scale docs to all resolutions without loss of
information.

6 weeks later and you've made significant progress towards SVG support. I
guess I was just impatient. SVG is still best. Dom and LDR have a great
library which they've promised for us.

> One problem I have is 'sniffing'. Some wmfs are easily identifiable as
> such, others it's a case of suck-it-and-see - i.e., parse the entire file
> and if there weren't any errors then it was probably a wmf. Which is a
> pretty expensive sniff.

Is it possible to parse the file until you're sure?

> One other thing, how can I determine page width & height (in pixels)?

UT_sint32 fp_Page.cpp::getHeight()
UT_sint32 fp_Page.cpp::getWidth()

You might be better getting the height and width of the current column
though. Since a doc can have multiple columns on a page.

UT_sint32 fp_Container::getHeight()
UT_sint32 fp_Container::getWidth()

Cheers

Martin