Re: 0.9.4.1 Crasher

Subject: Re: 0.9.4.1 Crasher
From: Randy Kramer (rhkramer@fast.net)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 07:55:37 CDT

Mike Nordell wrote:
> Randy Kramer wrote:
> > From the debugger:
> >
> > 00479E48 mov ecx,dword ptr [eax+28h]
>
> Id say it's fl_BlockLayout::getListAttributesVector, line 5324 in
> fl_BlockLayout.cpp that SEGV:
>
> level = getAutoNum()->getLevel();
>
> getAutoNum() (inlined accessor in fl_Layout.h) returns NULL (or possibly
> another illegal address, you didn't specify what address the pgm tried to
> access).

Mike (and everybody),

Oops, sorry -- next time.

Just to clarify things for myself, I'm assuming that anywhere there is
an instruction like "ecx,dword ptr [eax+28h]" there is a crash waiting
to happen?

Is there a way to search the entire AbiWord codebase with some regular
expression to find all the instances of the C++ code that causes the
problem? (I'm guessing there are some others.)

Just to be clear, I won't be attempting to fix this (I don't think I am
capable at this point in time -- maybe someday. ;-)

Randy Kramer