Re: Web Site Redesign

Subject: Re: Web Site Redesign
From: Randy Kramer (rhkramer@fast.net)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 08:16:32 CDT

Jared Davis wrote:
> Would appreciate feedback, and eventually authorization to make
> the changes...

Jared (and everybody),

Looks good to me!

One comment -- I'm concerned about overselling AbiWord, and thus the
words "similar to Microsoft® Word" in the following:

"AbiWord is a free word processing program similar to Microsoft® Word.
It is suitable for typing papers, letters, reports, memos, and so
forth."

We have far fewer features than MS Word, even though we hopefully will
catch up some day.

I'm thinking we should add a phrase like:

"AbiWord is a free word processing program under development, similar to
Microsoft® Word but with fewer features at this time. It is suitable for
typing papers, letters, reports, memos, and so forth."

Maybe it's not necessary -- I just don't want people to be disappointed
when they try it.

What do others think?

Randy Kramer