Re: Windows build problems

From: Michael D. Pritchett (mpritchett@attglobal.net)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 13:15:38 EST

    Hi Nikolaj -

    On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Nikolaj Brandt Jensen wrote:

    > Hello.
    >
    > I have been having a lot of problems compile AbiWord recently, but
    > hopefully someone can help me, because I am out of ideas :-)
    >
    > Just after 0.99.2 was released I upgraded CygWin and installed the
    > Microsoft .net SDK. This should not have ruined anything, but since
    > _all_ compiles of AbiWord failed after this, I am a bit suspicious...

    I am working under Win2k at the office and cygwin 1.3.10 and everything
    compiles file. At home, with win98SE and 1.3.10, I have problems in
    psiconv.

    I have installed the .NET SDK on my work Win2k machine, but when running
    cygwin, I reset all the environment variable sor INCLUDE and LIB to not
    have any of the .NET stuff.

    I suggest you attempt the same thing as I have a feeling that the .NET
    includes may be at the root of the problem.

    > I have tried to reinstall CygWin and messing around a bit, but that
    > didn't help. Any ideas?
    >
    > If anyone is interested, the full build log is at
    > http://www.niksbiks.dk/build.log
    >
    > - Nikolaj

    Cheers!

    Michael D. Pritchett