Re: Loss of enthusiasim for AbiWord

Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 18:21:39 EST

    On Thursday 04 April 2002 06:05 am, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
    > On Thu, 2002-04-04 at 11:46, Sam Trenholme wrote:
    > > * This bug does not affect anything if people have
    > > other Arial, Helevetica, etc. fonts installed.
    >
    > Not true, AbiWord-...-Arial comes before Adobe-Arial, for instance.

    Actually, I patched that a long time ago. It's a real hack, but effective.
    The foundary is now "zz_AbiWord", so it sorts after Adobe.

    The bigger problem is with false font names. AbiWord distributes
    Nimbus Mono, for example, calling it Courier. I have never read a
    justification for this behavior, just a statement that it's "not a priority
    to fix".

                            -Bryce

    PS: For fun read all about AbiWord in the XFree86 font de-uglication HOWTO
    http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/mini/other-formats/html_single/FDU.html