Re: Loss of enthusiasim for AbiWord

Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 19:31:52 EST

    Alan Horkan wrote:
    > READ THIS:
    > http://abisource.com/support/expectations.phtml

    I told you I already read it. It does not address the point.

    I have put significant good faith effort into assisting in resolving this
    issue, including provision of specific practical suggestions and patches.

    Please consider responding to the substance of the proposals for resolving the
    issue.

    I don't ask the AbiWord developers to do anything other than stop interfering
    with other applications. Beyond that, I agree with the expectations
    document.

    Sam Trenhome wrote
    > it seems that he has a pattern of getting really
    > attached to certain bugs that open source software
    > has

    And, in general, fixing them. From kernel bugs, to kde bugs, to cvs, to
    bugzilla, and even one or two in AbiWord.

    Martin Sevior wrote:
    > Do you have a patch that fixes this? If so please submit it. I
    > promise to test it.

    Why yes, check with Dom. I've sent several patchs and received no responses,
    not so much as a "thanks but no thanks" or a "it won't work because".
    Specifically I sent a patch that fixes the false font names, and a patch that
    outlines the font substitution necessary, some months ago.

    I did not start out angry about this issue.

    Nor did most of the dozens of people who feel this is the #1 Unix AbiWord
    issue start angry. Please consider that an issue that makes so many people
    mad might have merit, and deserve a creative and immediate solution.

                            -Bryce