Re: Loss of enthusiasim for AbiWord

From: Dom Lachowicz (doml@appligent.com)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 10:27:03 EDT

    > Martin Sevior wrote:
    > > Do you have a patch that fixes this? If so please submit it. I
    > > promise to test it.
    >
    > Why yes, check with Dom. I've sent several patchs and received no responses,
    > not so much as a "thanks but no thanks" or a "it won't work because".
    > Specifically I sent a patch that fixes the false font names, and a patch that
    > outlines the font substitution necessary, some months ago.

    Dude,

    If I've asked you once, I've asked you 100 times - f'ing resubmit your
    patches. If I've ever gotten them in the first place, I've lost them by
    now. I'm tired of your whining and complaining - you're wasting all of
    our time.

    > I did not start out angry about this issue.

    I'm not angry about this issue, I'm angry with you. The bug, I can fix.
    You, on the other hand, I cannot.

    This is probably the #1 unix bug. If you're not willing to resubmit your
    works which supposedly fix this, you're part of the problem and not part
    of the solution.

    Dom