Re: [OT, for Jesper] Re: Loss of enthusiasim for AbiWord

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra (rms@1407.org)
Date: Sat Apr 06 2002 - 16:47:10 EST

    On Sat, 2002-04-06 at 22:02, Sam Trenholme wrote:
    > While doing disclaimers, I also hereby state that any
    > copyright I may have on any and all patches I give to
    > the Abiword devlopement team; I give the AbiWord team
    > full right to do anything with these patches,
    > including releasing AbiWord which uses these patches
    > under a different license.

    Hi Sam,

     To do this you need to have proper paperwork.
     Your email wasn't even digitally signed. For all I can tell, someone
    could even have faked that email.
     BTW, public domain is very dangerous... in some countries (at least in
    europe), something in public domain can be removed of PD under certain
    not that uncommon circunstances and it can be made proprietary,
    patented, etc.

     Hugs, rms

    + So let's do it...?