Re: Handheld-abi? (was: Re: Using DJGPP)

From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 11:58:30 EDT

    On Tue, 2002-04-09 at 18:42, phearbear wrote:
    > James Jensen wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > POW= Project Of the Week.
    > For getting AbiWord on a handheld, i've been getting this idea in my
    > head a few times, since pretty soon 'qPAQ' (name not 100% yet)
    > (http://www.qnxzone.com/ipaq/) are to be released.
    > Would be really cool to have a abi-handheld or such. with same platform
    > compability, so we could get same word-processor on all handheld
    > platforms (if palm starts using beos....).
    > This would be stripped down version of abi, but with extra features
    > like 'popup' auto-word completion and such.
    > Havn't done much thinking, but i'd really love to see this.

    For WinCE, I don't really know, but be aware that these days MSFT is
    putting restriction on SDK use by forbiding development of GPL software.
    Check that before any attempt.

    For Palm, I'm not sure if we can do that. Anyway that would be a NEW
    platform.

    For Sharp Zaurus, I'd love that. But we need a Qt port first.

    Hub