Re: Using DJGPP

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 13:55:59 EDT

    On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, James Jensen wrote:

    > Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 10:32:25 -0500
    > From: James Jensen <jmjensen000@email.com>
    > To: hippietrail@yahoo.com
    > Cc: abiword-dev@abisource.com
    > Subject: Re: Using DJGPP
    >
    > I know I've been out of the loop, guys, but I've had things to do (including getting a Jornada 568).
    >
    > By the way, anyone thinking of porting AbiWord to Pocket PCs? The Windows world could use some more Open Source stuff.

    yeah, i agree but it is way easier to just give up and switch OS if you
    are really serious about software freedom.

    > Anyway, thanks for the info, guys. I guess I'll try either Borland or Cygwin. I have access to the Deitel & Deitel book (third edition), but it's not mine.
    >
    > By the way, what's a POW?

    Prisoner of War
    but in this context it means

    Project of the Week

    and it is a way to encourage new developers to get started with easier
    tasks.
    (it also has a bastard relation the uPOW, which is technically just a POW
    that does not require any actually coding, like contributing templates,
    or making new icons)