Re: Ready for the Big Time!

From: Calvin Arndt (calarndt@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 09:23:24 EDT

    > I just checked your link for the Abiword template and got the
    > following error
    > (using IE 6.0):
    > The XML page cannot be displayed
    > Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error
    > and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

    Jim Colvin,

    These errors most likely occur because M$ rewrites standards put forth
    by W3C and many other standards associations to suit themseleves.

    It is highly recommended that you do not support this activity (indeed
    legitimizing that same activity) by using their products.

    To the developers of AbiWord:

    AbiWord should be tested rigorously against the defacto standards.
    Please do not make any considerations here for M$ products. Indeed when
    possible this project should make sure its output does not work with M$
    products (except word). When AbiWord gains worldwide usage/acceptance,
    I guarantee you M$ will make note of that fact by making your excellent
    product non-functional in their environment.

    To Alan Horkan:

    Sometimes in the course of x86 computing, using M$ OS's becomes
    unavoidable. I'm am currently stuck in this situation at the moment.
    I also prefer open source software. However in the Windows environment
    there is no alternative to Opera... Mozilla is way too slow and a huge
    resource hog, not too mention unreliable. (Caused by M$) There are no
    others worth mentioning...