Re: undo and combining characters

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 22:58:49 EDT

     --- Karl Ove Hufthammer <huftis@bigfoot.com> wrote: >
    Andrew Dunbar <hippietrail@yahoo.com> wrote in

    news:20020423161533.66006.qmail@web9607.mail.yahoo.com:

    > > Selection should select the entire ligature.
    > > Otherwise we need a selection that can highlight
    > half of a
    > > ligature and I think this is too much to ask for
    > too
    > > little gain.
    >
    > Well, if I write 'fish', and the 'fi' is displayed
    > as an 'fi'
    > ligature (which it really should, IMNSHO), I would
    > like to be able
    > to select the 'f' and the 'i' individually.

    That's a good point but does it make the same sense
    for other languages which have been using ligatures
    on computers the whole time. English can use them but
    on computers traditionally don't. Also does the font
    give is the needed info to know how to mark selection
    between the 'f' and the 'i'?

    > BTW, there's no need to CC me when replying.

    Sorry in Yahoo Mail I always hit 'reply all' since
    sometimes abiword-dev is in the CC box and I'm trying
    to do everything quickly because I'm paying $3 to $5
    an hour to be here and don't always remember to
    manually edit the To and CC fields.

    Andrew Dunbar.

    =====
    http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net http://www.abisource.com