Re: I vote to abort 1.0.0 and announce 1.0.1

From: Dom Lachowicz (doml@appligent.com)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 10:10:50 EDT

    1.0 cannot be aborted because it is already live. You can't abort a live
    child.

    However, I'm not opposed to a 1.0.1 due out on Friday.

    * I've committed the es-ES strings.
    * I've hopefully fixed the win32 plugin system.
    * Hopefully the bonobo stuff will be worked out in autoconf-land. I'm
    not entirely opposed to making bonobo required for the GNOME platform.

    As for the complaints "the help files aren't available in my language
    any more" and "there's an english string in my menu" should be gently
    reminded that this is a volunteer project. We would love to have these
    things tidied up for you, but we lack the resources to do so. A lot of
    time went into making this next-generation help system usable,
    informative, and complete. If you are volunteering your time and energy
    to amend the situation, your help is generously welcomed. If you are
    nothing more than nagware, go away, your comments are unwelcome.

    Dom