Re: Pango?

From: Blue Lizard (webmaster@dofty.zzn.com)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 16:58:53 EDT

    On Thu, 2002-04-25 at 02:46, Martin Sevior wrote:
    > It contains a lot of what we need but not everything we need. Nor is it
    > cross platform.

    This is an issue I have been thinking about a lot. The more abiword is
    integrated into gnome/pango (or for that matter any other platform
    specific thing) the more features get developed on that, and left out or
    made different on other platforms. Like, if we use pango for kerning,
    what does win32 do? qnx? solaris/cde users that dont want no stinking
    gnome build?

    Tomas- what exactly can freetype do for us in this area?

    Regards.