Re: Release cycle (was Re: New development plans)

From: Jesper Skov (jskov@redhat.com)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 05:41:21 EDT

    On Fri, 2002-04-26 at 11:09, Sam Trenholme wrote:
    > Or am I missing some complication that this kind of
    > release schedule would cause?

    Only one: you assume that *people* will act in a timely manner where
    necessary. They don't. Only *persons* do. Split responsibility between 5
    people, and each will assume they have 10% of it :)

    Seriously, your suggested approach will work. But a release will not
    take a week. 4-6 weeks are probably more like it.

    That's not a problem per se, as long as people understand why it is so,
    and don't expect anything more.

    I'll shut up now :)

    Jesper

    PS: FWIW I've decided to look at the perl bindings to see if I can put a
    testing infrastructure together.