Pango: moving forward

From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Sat Apr 27 2002 - 10:07:26 EDT

    Having considered the various issues raised in the discussion over
    the past few days, I would like to start pretty much immediately
    working on integrating Pango into the bidi layout engine. Over the
    next 3 month I should have a reasonable amount of time to do this,
    and I expect that by the end of July I should be able to get the Unix
    build working with Pango. After that the time I will be able to
    dedicate to AW will be very limited, but by then most of the
    platform-specific work should do with making the Pango library
    available on the individual platforms.

    Just to outline how I envisage it: most of the code will be XP, and
    mostly limited to the drawing routines in fp_TextRun and to
    gr_Graphics classs. Everything to do with Pango will be inside
    #ifdef WITH_PANGO blocks, and will only affect the bidi build (so
    interference with Martin's work on the layout classes should be
    fairly minimal).

    Tomas