RE: Various things, multiple names, happy August Fool's Day

From: E . A . Zen (ericzen@ez-net.com)
Date: Thu Aug 01 2002 - 03:38:06 EDT

    README

    In my ongoing effort to prevent ass u me's, by the README, you mean the
    index after the file listing, right?

         The departing AWN editorwrote to his successor; mailing him three
    encrypted attachments, he explained, "My predecessor didn't do this for
    me, but I'll do this for you. At the first sign of trouble: decrypt,
    read, re-encrypt and obey the first message. If problems continue or
    are reborn, repeat with the second. Should things should get worse,
    repeat with the last one. Good luck."

         The new editor returned to his comic-reading, copied the encrypted
    messages to a new directory and gave little thought to their contents.

         Twenty-four issues later, when bugs soared and readership
    plummeted, the shaken new editor decrypted the first message, which
    said, "Blame it all on me." The next issue, he did just that, and the
    crisis passed.

         Twenty-four issues later, commits dropped precipitously. The
    beleagured editor decrypted the second message. It read, "Reorganize."
    The next issue announced that the scripts would be rewritten. That
    crisis also passed.

         Forty-eight issues later, everything went wrong at once and the
    editor was blamed for all of it. The harried writer went offline, got
    on the edge of his seat and decrypted the third file. The message
    started: "Keep these handy...."

    Okay, I admit it.... I jumped the gun;)