Re: dictionary downloader suggstion

From: Gabriel Gerhardsson (mr.g@home.se)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 16:50:38 EDT

    Hi

    On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 15:58, Christian Biesinger wrote:
    > Hi,
    > suggestion for dict. downloader:
    > Do not display a seperate dialog for each of the languages in the
    > document. Especially annoying on World.abw :) instead, display a single
    > dialog listing all of the languages in the document.
    > The problem with this might be that a user might want to download a
    > dictionary only for some of the languages...

    How useful is this, really?
    How often do you run into a new language, for which you need a new
    dictionary?
    I can clearly see the benefit of such a feature, but isn't it a bit
    overkill?
    I'm just trying to be conservative on the usage of development-time.

    > Also, somewhat related, do not display a seperate dialog for each of the
    > languages without a dictionary. Display a single dialog. The user can only
    > click OK anyway, so there should be no problem with this.

    This is, IMHO, a more useful feature. And a lot easier to implement.
    (It's not as easy as it may seem tho)
    My spare time will be very limited in the coming month. So if anyone
    else want to work on it, go ahead.

    Take care
    /Gabriel